- Location: London
- Contract: Full Time
- Type: Engineering
- Open Until: 10th December 2023
Exyte Hargreaves is a mechanical HVAC contractor, specialising in Ventilation and Smoke & Fire Safety. We offer a comprehensive service spanning Design, Engineering (including Digital & BIM), Procurement & Manufacture, Installation and Testing & Commissioning). Our business operates across many core market sectors, including Energy & Decommissioning, Defence, Transport, Residential and Commercial.
For over 150 years we’ve delivered some of the most complex, challenging, iconic projects in the world.
You will be responsible for estimating the costs of a planned construction project in terms of the labour, equipment and materials required. You will prepare analytical estimates for Mechanical Engineering works, that are technically accurate and with an acceptable risk level, from outline drawings and specifications. This is an opportunity to participate in the design development to assess buildability, materials, innovation and cost effectiveness of proposals and provide high level pricing information early in the tender for optioneering and budgeting to ensure the most cost-effective solution offered.
- Register and acknowledge receipt of enquiries
- Interpret and understand all project requirements from ITT documentation including technical and high level commercial elements.
- Manage/monitor all aspects of bids/cost plans preparation
- Build up cost estimates for elements including:
- Building Services Works including pipework and electrical work.
- Fabrication Work
- Site Installation
- Equipment and Sub Contract elements
- Design Costs
- Escalation & Risk Factors
- Co-ordinate content from others in the business and where required produce supporting documents to enhance the quality of bids and proposals
- Present detailed accurate estimating content for review and subsequent approval.
- Attend post tender reviews and lead in presenting project handover content when new business is secured.
Experience of UK HVAC preferred but not essential. If you have a broader MEP background we are keen to hear from you. Experience of the Nuclear industry would be advantageous. Flexibility is required to travel to client and sites as required.
Our Core Competencies
Our five Core Competencies set the foundation for collaboration, learning and development. They will help turn our Vision and Values into action; provide a common language to talk about our skills; and offer a common basis to drive success across our business.
- Grow Talent: Our goal as an organisation is to attract competent people, retain dedicated employees and develop talented colleagues within each operational level to build a future-ready company.
- Drive Results: To keep and grow our strong market position, we must transform our corporate strategy directly into measurable and sustainable results.
- Take Ownership: We strive to establish an appreciative culture in which all employees feel empowered and take responsibility.
- Embrace Change: To develop products and services that go beyond what is imaginable today. We, as an organisation, must be agile. As individuals we must remain curious.
- Inspire Customers: Creating value for our clients is a key component of our growth strategy. Therefore, client satisfaction should be an important motivator for us individually and collectively.
Exyte Hargreaves is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, religion, race, ethnic origin, disability, marital status or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
To apply please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or use the application form on this page to submit your application directly.