Sheet Metal Worker
- Location: Bury
- Contract: Full Time
- Type: Manufacturing
- Open Until: 31st March 2024
Exyte Hargreaves is a mechanical HVAC contractor, specialising in Ventilation and Smoke & Fire Safety. We offer a comprehensive service spanning Design, Engineering (including Digital & BIM), Procurement & Manufacture, Installation and Testing & Commissioning). Our business operates across many core market sectors, including Energy & Decommissioning, Defence, Transport, Residential and Commercial.
For over 150 years we’ve delivered some of the most complex, challenging, iconic projects in the world.
The Sheet Metal Worker’s role is fabricating & assembling both HVAC products and specialist ventilation system products for safety critical facilities. This role requires a combination of technical expertise and precision across various product types/materials. This role reports directly to production supervision & sits within the operational level of the business.
The Primary responsibilities of the role include, but not limited to the following:
- Carry out all duties in accordance with weekly plans.
- Carry out pre-assembly tasks (prep) on all machinery associated with the manufacture of HVAC products.
- Perform sheet metal tasks on both stainless steel & carbon steel HVAC products ranging from 0.8mm to 10mm.
- Complete general sheet metal duties associated with all product types in accordance with work instruction and project specifications.
- Perform tack welding tasks during manufacture.
- Comply in full with manufacturing SHEQ best practice/ behaviours and legislation.
- Support the manufacturing team in achieving deliverables.
- Highly Desirable (but not essential) · Welding experience. (Tacking coding’s are essential to this role, training will be provided) · HVAC Experience. · Nuclear Quality related Experience.
Your Key Relationships
- Production Manager
- Production Supervisors
- Production Control
- Production Engineering
- Materials Controller
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Experienced qualified sheet metal worker or time served.
- Ability to interpret manufacturing drawings and engineering information.
- Ability to problem solve/ propose & support management implementing effective solutions.
- Experienced in using a variety of power/hand tools, including welding equipment.
- Overhead crane experience (training will be provided).
- Self-motivated and capable of working on own initiative & with others safely & efficiently.
Our Core Competencies
Our five Core Competencies set the foundation for collaboration, learning and development. They will help turn our Vision and Values into action; provide a common language to talk about our skills; and offer a common basis to drive success across our business.
• Grow Talent: Our goal as an organisation is to attract competent people, retain dedicated employees and develop talented colleagues within each operational level to build a future-ready company.
• Drive Results: To keep and grow our strong market position, we must transform our corporate strategy directly into measurable and sustainable results.
• Take Ownership: We strive to establish an appreciative culture in which all employees feel empowered and take responsibility.
• Embrace Change: To develop products and services that go beyond what is imaginable today. We, as an organisation, must be agile. As individuals we must remain curious.
• Inspire Customers: Creating value for our clients is a key component of our growth strategy. Therefore, client satisfaction should be an important motivator for us individually and collectively.
Exyte Hargreaves is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, religion, race, ethnic origin, disability, marital status or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
To apply please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or use the application form on this page to submit your application directly.