Quantity Surveyor – Projects
- Location: London
- Contract: Full Time
- Type: Commercial
- Open Until: 8th November 2023
Exyte Hargreaves is a mechanical HVAC contractor, specialising in Ventilation and Smoke & Fire Safety. We offer a comprehensive service spanning Design, Engineering (including Digital & BIM), Procurement & Manufacture, Installation and Testing & Commissioning). Our business operates across many core market sectors, including Energy & Decommissioning, Defence, Transport, Residential and Commercial.
For over 150 years we’ve delivered some of the most complex, challenging, iconic projects in the world.
We are recruiting for Quantity Surveyors for project based roles across the South East. As a Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for the overall day to day management of the commercial and surveying aspects of new-build/install, refurbishment and design and build/install projects.
- Manage/monitor/report on all commercial aspects of projects
- Attend handover meeting to receive project from estimating/sales dept.
- Manage and produce/take off Bill of Quants (BoQ)
- Produce cost control document using information from final agreed contract pricing documents
- Participate in identifying areas of risk/scope and develop/monitor with the project team
- Produce valuations/applications/claims in line with contract requirements
- Identify and secure reimbursement of variations to the contracted scope of works
- Maintain positive cash flow and maximise profitability on project
You will have a qualification in Quantity Surveying or construction related subject and post qualification construction experience with an established sub-contractor or main contractor. The role requires a track record on commercial projects under varying forms of main contract /subcontract and experience of package negotiation. Although not essential Chartered Membership of RICS or CIOB would be ideal
Our Core Competencies
Our five Core Competencies set the foundation for collaboration, learning and development. They will help turn our Vision and Values into action; provide a common language to talk about our skills; and offer a common basis to drive success across our business.
- Grow Talent: Our goal as an organisation is to attract competent people, retain dedicated employees and develop talented colleagues within each operational level to build a future-ready company
- Drive Results: To keep and grow our strong market position, we must transform our corporate strategy directly into measurable and sustainable results
- Take Ownership: We strive to establish an appreciative culture in which all employees feel empowered and take responsibility
- Embrace Change: To develop products and services that go beyond what is imaginable today. We, as an organisation, must be agile. As individuals we must remain curious.
- Inspire Customers: Creating value for our clients is a key component of our growth strategy. Therefore, client satisfaction should be an important motivator for us individually and collectively.
Exyte Hargreaves is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, religion, race, ethnic origin, disability, marital status or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
To apply please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the application form on this page to submit your application directly.