- Location: London
- Contract: Full Time
- Type: Operations
- Open Until: 13th December 2023
Exyte Hargreaves is a mechanical HVAC contractor, specialising in Ventilation and Smoke & Fire Safety. We offer a comprehensive service spanning Design, Engineering (including Digital & BIM), Procurement & Manufacture, Installation and Testing & Commissioning). Our business operates across many core market sectors, including Energy & DECOM, Defence, Transport, Residential and Commercial.
For over 150 years we’ve delivered some of the most complex, challenging, iconic projects in the world.
We are recruiting for Project Mangers for a number of exciting projects across the South East of England. This is an opportunity to manage, control and deliver either a large complex project or a number of smaller projects simultaneously to the satisfaction of both the company and client This responsibility can begin at tender or negotiations stage or commencement of Project on site.
- To ensure that all statutory and company health and safety requirements are met.
- To ensure that company procedures are complied with and that relevant information is communicated with the project staff.
- To administer the contract in accordance with the company’s scope and role.
- To develop good relationships with the client and potential clients along with their respective advisors
- To work with the Operations Director ensuring that the projects are adequately staffed by suitably qualified and experienced staff and that future needs are identified
- To maximise the project margin & control costs
- To ensure that as far as is reasonably practicable the company is protected during contract negotiations, on-site works and post contract discussions, and to ensure that records are maintained throughout the project delivery.
- To foster relationships with suitable senior consultants/subcontractor personnel
- By working with heads of individual departments ensure that staff training is kept up to date and that ‘fast track’ personnel are identified and progressed accordingly
- Lead by example setting the required standards of behaviour and conduct for the project
- Communicate the Company and Project strategy with the project team ensuring the objectives are met and understood, and liaise with the departmental teams and members to ensure that project needs are achieved.
- Liaise with the procurement lead during the tender/negotiation/construction period
- Manage the programme of works
Ideally you will have good knowledge of the heating and ventilation industry, manufacturing techniques and site installation methods. The role requires the ability to represent the best interests of the company in direct dealings with clients, suppliers and sub-contractors.
You will have proven experience of leading teams onsite including sub-contractors and be experienced in managing tight programs and milestone driven delivery strategies.
Our Core Competencies
Our five Core Competencies set the foundation for collaboration, learning and development. They will help turn our Vision and Values into action; provide a common language to talk about our skills; and offer a common basis to drive success across our business.
- Grow Talent: Our goal as an organisation is to attract competent people, retain dedicated employees and develop talented colleagues within each operational level to build a future-ready company.
- Drive Results: To keep and grow our strong market position, we must transform our corporate strategy directly into measurable and sustainable results.
- Take Ownership: We strive to establish an appreciative culture in which all employees feel empowered and take responsibility.
- Embrace Change: To develop products and services that go beyond what is imaginable today. We, as an organisation, must be agile. As individuals we must remain curious.
- Inspire Customers: Creating value for our clients is a key component of our growth strategy. Therefore, client satisfaction should be an important motivator for us individually and collectively.
Exyte Hargreaves is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, religion, race, ethnic origin, disability, marital status or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
To apply please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or use the application form on this page to submit your application directly.