- Location: Remote
- Contract: Full Time
- Type: Operations
- Open Until: 31st March 2024
Exyte Hargreaves is a mechanical HVAC contractor, specialising in Ventilation and Smoke & Fire Safety. We offer a comprehensive service spanning Design, Engineering (including Digital & BIM), Procurement & Manufacture, Installation and Testing & Commissioning). Our business operates across many core market sectors, including Energy & Decommissioning, Defence, Transport, Residential and Commercial.
For over 150 years we’ve delivered some of the most complex, challenging, iconic projects in the world.
We are looking for Package Managers to take the lead over specific package related activities of a project, working alongside the Lead Project Engineer. You organise and control a project or section(s) of a larger project and liaise with clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Receive information from Lead Project Engineer. Review and understand package requirements and documentation and highlight discrepancies.
• In line with defined project sizes, plan, monitor, determine and arrange resource levels, materials requirements and site demands to ensure efficient operation of the Project package.
• Review and understand client specifications. Prepare internal specifications and manufacturing details.
• Take a leading role in building services co-ordination exercises in conjunction with any contractual obligations
• Coordinate with the design and engineering department to ensure that the correct standards, specifications and information is produced in order that the project targets and obligations are achieved.
• Assist and define in the procurement of equipment and materials to comply with requirements and delivery needs.
• Contribute to the commercial management of the project. Be aware of specific project commercial constraints.
• Recognise variations and delays to the tendered scope of works and ensure they are properly reported and recorded.
• Contribute and provide information for the submission of valuations and invoices.
• Carry out accurate site surveys and site measures and demonstrate flexibility in terms of site visiting / being site based as necessary.
• Develop a working relationship with the client.
• Attend site meetings as required by the Lead Project Engineer, to expand and develop relationships and promote the company positively
• Contribute to the preparation of safe systems of work including generation of method statements, risk assessments etc.
You will be aware of and be familiar with current industry standards and specifications relevant to ventilation systems and have a good understanding of the company’s contractual obligations. The ability build relationships with clients, suppliers and sub contactors is essential. This role requires a full UK Driving licence.
Our Core Competencies
Our five Core Competencies set the foundation for collaboration, learning and development. They will help turn our Vision and Values into action; provide a common language to talk about our skills; and offer a common basis to drive success across our business.
• Grow Talent: Our goal as an organisation is to attract competent people, retain dedicated employees and develop talented colleagues within each operational level to build a future-ready company.
• Drive Results: To keep and grow our strong market position, we must transform our corporate strategy directly into measurable and sustainable results.
• Take Ownership: We strive to establish an appreciative culture in which all employees feel empowered and take responsibility.
• Embrace Change: To develop products and services that go beyond what is imaginable today. We, as an organisation, must be agile. As individuals we must remain curious.
• Inspire Customers: Creating value for our clients is a key component of our growth strategy. Therefore, client satisfaction should be an important motivator for us individually and collectively.
Exyte Hargreaves is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, religion, race, ethnic origin, disability, marital status or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
To apply please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the application form on this page to submit your application directly.