- Location: South West
- Contract: Full Time
- Type: EHS
- Open Until: 14th December 2023
Exyte Hargreaves is a mechanical HVAC contractor, specialising in Ventilation and Smoke & Fire Safety. We offer a comprehensive service spanning Design, Engineering (including Digital & BIM), Procurement & Manufacture, Installation and Testing & Commissioning). Our business operates across many core market sectors, including Energy & DECOM, Defence, Transport, Residential and Commercial.
For over 150 years we’ve delivered some of the most complex, challenging, iconic projects in the world.
The role of EHS Advisor is to ensure we have injury free workplaces where everybody goes home safely. Provide company management with Competent EHS advice and guidance and ensure the continuous Improvement of health, safety & environment.
• Implement company, client and legislative EHS requirements
• Ensure company EHS policies and procedures meet legislative requirements
• Undertake health, safety and environmental audits
• Undertake daily workplace reviews and liaise with operational staff in order to drive safe working practices
• Understand the operational needs of site based processes in order to deliver a safe working environment throughout the business.
• Implement safe working procedures for the management of activities for operatives and staff
• Notify all adverse events in compliance with company Policy
• Undertake incident investigation and reporting, where required
• Collate site adverse event data (including near misses, first aids, incidents, diseases, dangerous occurrences) and attendance hours worked (contractors, freelance personnel and company employees) from all company workplaces on a monthly basis and produce safety statistics and analysis. To Lead EHS Manager.
• Prepare monthly safety reports for senior management meetings identifying key issues, initiatives and safety performance.
• Provide EHS advice, coaching, training, information and guidance
• Maintain and safeguard all required statutory records and reports
• Attend EHS committee meetings, as necessary
• Standardise EHS systems, practices and procedures
You will drive a culture of safety throughout the business and sites. You will hold NEBOSH General / Construction Occupational H&S Certificate and be a CSCS card holder. The role requires Knowledge of UK health, safety and environmental legislation, CDM Regulations and construction site EHS experience.
Our Core Competencies
Our five Core Competencies set the foundation for collaboration, learning and development. They will help turn our Vision and Values into action; provide a common language to talk about our skills; and offer a common basis to drive success across our business.
• Grow Talent: Our goal as an organisation is to attract competent people, retain dedicated employees and develop talented colleagues within each operational level to build a future-ready company.
• Drive Results: To keep and grow our strong market position, we must transform our corporate strategy directly into measurable and sustainable results.
• Take Ownership: We strive to establish an appreciative culture in which all employees feel empowered and take responsibility.
• Embrace Change: To develop products and services that go beyond what is imaginable today. We, as an organisation, must be agile. As individuals we must remain curious.
• Inspire Customers: Creating value for our clients is a key component of our growth strategy. Therefore, client satisfaction should be an important motivator for us individually and collectively.
Exyte Hargreaves is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, religion, race, ethnic origin, disability, marital status or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
To apply please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the application form on this page to submit your application directly.