- Location: Bury
- Contract: Full Time
- Type: Finance
- Open Until: 13th December 2023
Exyte Hargreaves is a mechanical HVAC contractor, specialising in Ventilation and Smoke & Fire Safety. We offer a comprehensive service spanning Design, Engineering (including Digital & BIM), Procurement & Manufacture, Installation and Testing & Commissioning). Our business operates across many core market sectors, including Energy & DECOM, Defence, Transport, Residential and Commercial.
For over 150 years we’ve delivered some of the most complex, challenging, iconic projects in the world.
We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to provide support for all required procurement activity within Exyte Hargreaves.
• Processing of incoming Purchase Requisitions – Check for completeness
• Proactively manage, negotiate and agree orders in support of the business requirements
• Assist with the supplier review process
• Be proactive in identifying and communicating potential risk to the business
• Ensure accuracy of buying related transactional data using internal systems
• Proactively manage and build appropriate relationships within the business.
• Proactively manage and build appropriate relationships with Exyte Hargreaves approved suppliers
• Support the department and team with any agreed buying strategies and initiatives
• Supporting the development and continuous improvement of policies & procedures and processes within the buying team
• Support the importance of buying across the organisation and best practice
• Attend meetings as required to perform duties
• To work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures
• To attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate development
• Providing cover for colleagues in the event of any absence
You will have experience in a process driven environment and have an understanding of supply chain methodology. This role will liaise closely with our project teams so excellent communication skills are essential. You will be flexible in your approach, recognising that the demands and priorities of a dynamic procurement department may change on a daily basis.
Our Core Competencies
Our five Core Competencies set the foundation for collaboration, learning and development. They will help turn our Vision and Values into action; provide a common language to talk about our skills; and offer a common basis to drive success across our business.
• Grow Talent: Our goal as an organisation is to attract competent people, retain dedicated employees and develop talented colleagues within each operational level to build a future-ready company.
• Drive Results: To keep and grow our strong market position, we must transform our corporate strategy directly into measurable and sustainable results.
• Take Ownership: We strive to establish an appreciative culture in which all employees feel empowered and take responsibility.
• Embrace Change: To develop products and services that go beyond what is imaginable today. We, as an organisation, must be agile. As individuals we must remain curious.
• Inspire Customers: Creating value for our clients is a key component of our growth strategy. Therefore, client satisfaction should be an important motivator for us individually and collectively.
Exyte Hargreaves is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, religion, race, ethnic origin, disability, marital status or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
To apply please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the application form on this page to submit your application directly.